Saturday, November 25, 2006

Part 16 – Severance Packages

When I came to, I was on a cold marble floor. My head lifted slowly, and I groaned from the heavy bruise there. I surveyed these new surroundings as best I could, before I realized by the giant blue [+] logo on the floor. I was now in the CareCorp headquarters!

I gasped. Sitting there in front of me was a parked ‘Hulk’, rimmed in gold. It had shining silver-plated rims and beautiful polish, completely wasted by mining dirt for hours at a time rather than anything worthwhile. It was my corporate CEO. It was the Most Secure One, and I was now in his 1.0 sec domain.

A shudder came. “I can explain…” I mumbled, looking up and rubbing my head. A figure vaguely visible behind the tinted windows lifted a hand. The loudspeakers boomed.

“Silence!” commanded the speakers. “For the crime of losing company mining equipment, and for first degree risk taking… I sentence you to a lifetime of concrete mining!” echoed the terrible voice.

I gasped. “No!” I cried out, as two security guards started dragging me away into a neighboring room. “But why? Why can’t I go into high risk areas?” I cried, as the voice followed into a white steel room. There was blood splattered on a metal table there, and I shook at the sight of the lettering above the table and brutal looking surgical tools.

Menacing Sign
CareCorp Spine Removal System: Mine Safely, Carebears!


They were going to remove my spine, so that I would be too afraid to make real money or have actual fun! A fate worse than death, but better than being lobotomized like those creepy untalkative asian robots. Held against the table, it looked like the end. I closed my eyes and let my mind drift away, ‘logging off’ to try not and think about what was going to happen…

…and when I opened my eyes moments later, I realized something very odd. I was in the hallway, and not in that horrible room! Somehow, when I spaced out, I had made a daring and uncatchable escape! It was time to run and find a new employer it seemed. I fled.

Still, crashing through the halls gave me an idea. Why not get a bit of a severance package from my dear CareCorp employers? I turned a corner to the Corp’s storage warehouse, and looted with a most innocent smile. Perhaps someday, I would return and show that hulk-driving jerk where he could stick his concrete ore…



Before I knew it, I had escaped from that awful place, driving in a Badger truck full of my theft. I was free! Now once more my own boss, I wondered what to do.

My first decision was to drive back to familiar, if crowded Jita Avenue. It was a good market at least, despite the chaos. Slowing down in the crowds of cars about, I used the time suck in traffic to sort my newfound gains. First was a pleasant blue sheet, which I read carefully in one hand. It was a blueprint of some kind. I decided to ask the plentiful (and loud) natives for some information.

I leaned out of the window, and lifted the blue sheet.

“Hello Citizens of Jita! May I ask if anyone knows what this ‘Cerberus BPO’ is for?”

Shifting eyes settled upon me from all directions. I sensed the thirst for blood and human flesh, and began to wonder if I should have stayed in the relative safety of 0.4…

(…to be continued)

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL very nice! Also found a typo, you say " I used the time suck in traffic" instead of "stuck in traffic"

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....Do i sense a suicide gank for that BPO?

I woulda stolen that schmucks hulk personally, but thats just me. Oh..wait..i cant fly those, whoops.

As for the typo..its a funny typo actually and sort of symbolic of how much the que's suck (Maybe it was intended like that?).

Keep up the good work man.

Vactet

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger EVEAries said...

Ooops. Ah, thanks for spotting that agent of my foe, Lord Typograph. I'll be sure to fix it...

And yeah. Queues suck. Especially when you're being beaten on at the same time.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO at cerberus BPO!!!

suicide gank is in the future i fear...quickly dock!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home