Thursday, November 16, 2006

Part 11 – Give Peace A Chance?

Day 03

I awoke with a gasp, sweat drenched white sheets covering my body. I had nearly died yet again, or perhaps I had even actually died for a brief while! I had the strangest sensation of disembodiment, and an odd feeling that a doctor stitched me back together just fine out of whatever paste CONCORD and that bastard Frenchman beat me into.

Of course, I was quite sharp. My senses reoriented themselves as quickly as an Obelisk trying to align itself with the entrance to a parking garage. It wasn’t pretty to look at or wait for, but at least one knew it’d probably eventually get done.

Some minutes later, at last I figured it out. I was in the hospital again! Only this time, thanks to me not being stingy with the medical money, I wasn’t suffering crippling amnesia. And having no fillings, piercing or augmentations in me, I had lost very little. But I knew I had gone over the line. Thirst for vengeance overcame my reason, and I had paid because of that.

I had to give peace a chance.

That truck-driving Frenchman who had nearly killed me twice would have to wait it seems. Perhaps I could destroy him some other way while lining my own pockets? I sat back in the comfortable medical bed while filling out the forms to up-order myself for ‘Sigma’ service next time, as I felt my swelling brain was just too full of wonderful ideas to risk spontaneous amnesia. That’s when through inspiration and approximately 1 day, 42 minutes of waiting I had divined the knowledge of how to become a productive member of society.

Barely holding back my excitement, I jumped out of bed and ran out, past the moans and cries of other patients from the hospital. There had to be somewhere I could find the kind of kind-hearted souls that desired only to be productive members of society. Something about me had changed.

I emerged upon the mean streets of Jita unafraid, having more no fear in the world. I would trust my fellow man despite how terribly hard it was to move with all these people bumping me left and right and the occasional explosion.

After falling over one of the yellow advertisement boxes placed all over, I knew where I had to go. I read the can quickly as I unplanted myself out of the concrete before anyone could trample me.

Originally by: ”Jettisoned Container”
Feeling unsafe? Need a place to earn some money? Join CareCorp, a former subsidiary of ‘That Big Blue’. We’ll look out for you!


At last, I had found Kindred Souls. I saw the gigantic blue towers in the distance, and made my way there with the rotting and barely roadworthy Ibis kindly provided by the insurance company. With that lump of Tritanium ‘gratuity gift’ riding shotgun, things were looking up for me once more…

…all while I drove unknowingly into what would become one of the darker days of my entire life.

3 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The revolution salutes you comrade for your fine writing and insights. Keep up the good work!

Vladimir Ilych

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roflmao.
Awsome stories man, keep em coming!

Vactet

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Jan said...

LMAO @ Big Blue comment :D

- former TBB member, now pirate :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home