Friday, December 22, 2006

Part 27 – Redecorating is a lengthy process.

Day 06

It never struck me that redecorating a station to new ownership would be such an insanely long process, nor one that took such incredible amounts of firepower. I imagined that if a company wanted to give me their place, they’d just sign it over and be mine.

Now I was sitting here, watching as my legions bashed away at the ownership plaque on top of the rest station, which someone decided had to be armored. It was already hours into this new siege of my own property now! What tripe was this?

Fortunately, during a long nap in the driver’s seat of my little Crow, the rest of my forces got her down to the last sliver of plating before I could tear down that sign and place a nice one of my own. Perhaps this little car was inadequate for my new job. I sighed, waiting the last few minutes for that teeny sliver to vanish so my boys could haul up their sign. My mind wandered back to thoughts of a larger, possibly more Freudian vehicle to haul my person about, with perhaps greater amount of butt-kicking? Since heavy tanks were somehow legal in this day and age for private ownership, I should go shopping eventually for a bigger ride.

My daydreams crossed over to think about possibly test driving out the new Rokh. She was a sturdy thing, with four wheel drive and a spacious military-style interior. With the moon roof, I could throw an assortment of rocks a great distance using the extra height, even though I wouldn’t be able to hit a thing close to me, or do anything even vaguely resembling good damage.

So perhaps I could drive the new Hyperion instead, even though it’s wheels were directly in the center all awkwardly, with guns in the front and back only, angled inwards on themselves. Perhaps they could only hit something two feet in front of them or something.

I then thought of going home with an Abbadon, but from what I was told it ran out of fuel the instant one stopped popping fuel into the Gas Injector. Still, at least it was finished, not like that messed up wreck Apocalypse, with gaping holes at random all over it’s structure.

My thoughts wandered to the new Maelstrom for about three seconds, before I shuddered and scolded myself from even considering it. It's not that it performed badly, I'm sure it drove quite well. But given how well it looked new, and how every other Minmatar ship looked... I figured it'd be about as attractive as a broken down Typhoon left for dead on the side of the highway within about a month. No thanks.

I was snapped out of my daydream by something harsh blaring in my ears. Was it shouting? My Teamspeak line was going nuts. I looked around suddenly and grabbed the radio. It took several seconds to the Teamspeak to even get quiet enough for me to talk without annoying feedback and the whining of adult sized children.

“What the hell is going on?” I said, before staring up at the station logo. It was not my beautiful generic (as there were only so many at the logo store) DISCORD logo! It was that of some random yahoo corp, who snuck in the last whack at the old Corporation’s ownership tag, and threw theirs up! Hours were wasted, because of this stupid lapse.

Scowling, I ordered the troops to take it down again while I wandered off to perhaps go seek out someone more knowledgeable about big cars. I would go to the guys driving the biggest things on the road.

I would go meet those Ascendant Pioneers (Ticker: ASPN), and ask for that guy ‘Steve’. I wanted to see his titanic vehicle in person…

(to be continued)

3 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Steve's dead though =(

Love your stories.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have talent sir! Lets see where you go with this..

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger EVEAries said...

(NOD Chant)

Steve Lives In Death!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home