Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Day 26 – It’s called a Net Loss.

There wasn’t too much to say about what happened. I didn’t even bother jumping in after my compatriots during their fit of overzealous aggression, and waited impatiently at the safe end of the onramp, holding my radio set away from my ears as the teamspeak line filled with screams of anger, whines about unfairness and how things were ‘stacked against them’.

I winced myself, and dropped it, backing away most inconspicuously from the site. This was not an auspicious first operation, but I wondered. We had successfully ganked an Impairtor, so it was at least a moral victory. Someone knew of this now rising 0.0 empire, right? Even if that someone was now a crippled 4 month old kid in a Jita Hospital?

Returning back to the station, I breathed some relief. Perhaps the survivors would come back soon, and would be most sure to lavishly post up their kill on the public killboard, while conveniently forgetting the massive amount of pain inflicted upon them. There were cheers all about, but I still felt something was wrong. Perhaps it was just my imagination, or despite owning the whole area, I had no official claim in paper.

So I began the next phase of my plans to dominate all of this dreaded 0.0, and eventually march upon Jita. It would be a simple operation. We would merely transfer authority of the local POS Towers to my control, thus granting me sovereignty of the area. Then I would scrape off the flakey old stickers of the previous station owner and claim it as my own.

Only then perhaps someone at the Rand McNally Map Company would recognize my greatness, and the status of my little sovereign nation.



So we set out! Low-End haulers drove out in an assortment of vehicles to start dropping off our goods all around the county to show that we owned this area. There was the meager Iteron I, the awkward Badger and the gold-plated doomhauler Bestower. Somehow, by being made of gold and slapped on with crosses and random runic writing, it carried way more than it’s competing haulers, at better speed with more customization. Go figure.

I waited in my little Crow for the word to come soon after that the POS were set up. We would be sovereigns of this station quite soon… Yes, quite soon. Then would be the painless task of hammering off the ‘ownership’ label of the station and replacing it with our own. No doubt it would be a simple and painless task…

(to be continued)

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao keep em coming mate im loving them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home